Wednesday, October 15, 2014

This Is Me

Thanks so much for stopping by! I have joined the Alex Beadon Feel Good Blogging Challenge in hopes that I can begin blogging on a regular basis and hopefully provide something worth
reading!

Challenge 1: A Simple Introduction

I have a mad passion for photography. It makes me happy. I love creating images, capturing special moments in time and creating art that will hang on walls for years and years to come.
It took me a while to figure out what I wanted to be.
Well that's not 100% true.
I knew since I was young that I wanted to be married and have kids. I married my high school sweetheart and had three kids before I was 30. I've always love taking pictures, I remember having several different cameras throughout junior high and high school. I was always snapping pictures of my friends. Once I got married and had a baby I would set up little photo sessions with my daughter. One day it just clicked (pun intended) and I knew that's what I wanted to do. I bought a digital SLR, took pictures whenever I could, took a class at SAIT, soaked up every tutorial and eventually people started asking me to take their pictures instead of the other way around! I have a weakness for donuts, I love my morning cup of coffee...before it goes cold, I always like to have something to keep me busy and I love to take trips to Banff and pretty much anywhere in BC.

I needed a way to showcase my work other than just Facebook to help get my name out there. I created this blog not only for me but for my clients, to get sneak peeks of their sessions or potential clients who might show interest in my work. I hope that with the blogging challenge, it will also help other aspiring photographers, artists, writers, mothers, daughters or anyone in anyway. It also reminded me that once upon a time, I would write because it made me happy too, for me it's the best of both worlds!

Lately, I've been working on building my business as I am planning on stepping into
photography full time. I am currently a child care provider/stay at home Mom on top of my
pursuit of a career in photography. As I had become busier in photography, it became more and
more of a challenge to balance child care, photography and most importantly time to be with my family. So I decided it was time to give it a try! I am proud of how far I've come, though I still have a long way to go. I never stop learning and growing from photography and it's always fresh and new.

So, I may be a little rusty with my writing skills but I hope that what you take from all of this is that
I really, really love what I do. There are plenty of challenges I have faced and plenty more that lie ahead. Honestly, this scares me a little a lot. However, my drive and my passion are far greater than my fear and I hope that a year from now I can write up a blog post on how happy I am for facing my fears and pursuing my dreams!

Thanks so much for taking the time to learn a little more about me! I am excited to learn and grow from this challenge. I have been inspired by Alex once again and I have also found myself inspired by checking out the blogs of some of the other talented people who have chosen to take part in it as well! I think it's wonderful to learn and grow from each other!
Alison
Photography By Alison - Website
Photography By Alison - Facebook

Pin It!

No comments: